Aims and objects
Art.1 An association named “Grempoli Retreat” is constituted according to the art. n. 36 of the Civil Code.
Art.2 The Association has its headquarter in Pontassieve (Fi), Via Uscioli,7 and it can distribute itself with secondary locations in Italy and abroad.
Art.3 The Association is non-profit, non-political and non-sectarian and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, ethnicity, nationality or sexual orientation.
The Grempoli Retreat has the following aims:
• to teach and practice integral yoga, as developed by the disciples of Swami Sivananda Saraswati, and to make provision for the training and continued education of yoga teachers;
• to encourage a respectful and heartfelt connection with the Earth, promoting new ways of thinking about human beings, life, society and our relationship with nature and an understanding the inter-connectedness of each with the other;
• to foster a place of learning and contemplation for the development of holistic well-being and inner awareness and realization;
• to live a simple lifestyle, based on sustainability and the practice of work undertaken as selfless service; The above mentioned aims will be pursued through the promotion and organization of cultural, educational, recreational, charitable and welfare activities, including travel for teaching, study and cultural exchange purposes.
To achieve these goals the Association may use its own structures or make use of those which exist elsewhere in Italy and other countries.
The Association guarantees that it will not discriminate against, or offend the sensibilities of, persons of any ideas, faith, belief or race, and that it will act in accordance with the principles set forth in the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights in order to eliminate barriers among peoples. The activities of the Association can include:
• organizing meetings, cultural events, series of instructional courses, retreats, seminars, conferences and study tours;
• singing, painting, creative writing, gardening, hosting voluteers;
• providing sponsorships and donating funds to other organizations or persons having similar
objectives to the above;
• the realization of any other initiative that the Executive Committee considers useful to
achieve the Association’s objectives.
Art.4 The duration of the Association is fixed at 8th September 2063 unless the Assembly
- decided for an extension.
Art. 5 Assets
The assets of the Association consists of:
• the fees that the founders members have deposited for a total amount of Euro 108;
• contributions given by ordinary or supporting members; possible donations, voluntary contributions, sponsorships, legacies from physical persons or companies whether by public or private entities;
Art. 6 Members
All those physical persons who reside in Italy and other countries who commit themselves to participate in the life of the Association and who share its aims and governing principles shall be eligible to request membership.
Admission to the Association may be obtained by written request to the Executive Committee and payment of the membership fee, the amount of which is decided by the EC.
The term of the Association is renewable annually on the 1st of January of each year.
The Membership shall be divided into:
(a) Founding Members: those who have participated at the foundation of the Association and that operate as guarantors.
(b) Honorary Members: those who, in addition to the payment of normal membership fees, assist the development of the Association through donations, work done, services or other
efforts which enable it to grow.
(c) Ordinary Members: those who have paid the normal membership fees; Membership must be updated with annual fee established by the EC. The right to vote is acquired after the EC has ratified the admission.
In case the EC refuse a request for admission, the decision must be well motivated and the fee returned.
For behaviour that is unethical or incompatible with the general objectives of the Association, a member may be suspended or expelled, depending on the severity of the case and at the
discretion of the Executive Committee
Art. 7 Assembly of Members
The Assembly of Members is the chief organ of governance of the Association and it is constituted by all current Members.
• Once a year the EC will call an Annual General Meeting, which is presided over by the President, in order to examine and approve the annual report, budget and account.
• Once every three years the EC will call a General meeting to elect the President, Treasurer, the Secretary and any other members of EC for the following period.
• The Assembly may call an extraordinary General Meeting any time the EC consider it necessary or in case at least a third of the members are requesting it, in which case, the EC
should call the meeting within 30 days.
• The Assembly makes decision with the vote of the majority and in an open way.
• Notice of the meeting shall be given to the members through electronic mail at least 10 days before the date of the meeting.
• The notice should include the proposed agenda of the meeting.
• The Assembly may validly act, in first convocation with a quorum of half the membership, plus one, while, in second convocation the Assembly may validly act with a quorum of five
• Voting by proxy is not permitted; each member must vote individually and be present to cast a vote.
• The minutes of all meetings shall be available at any time for review by the members.
Art. 8 Management
The fiscal year will start on the 1st of January and will end on December the 31st of eachyear.
• At the end of each fiscal year the Executive Committee shall compile financial statements which shall be presented to the Assembly for its approval not later than 31st of March of each year.
• The reports of management and the financial statements shall be delivered to the Association’s headquarters at least 10 days prior to the annual General Meeting. The General Meeting can take decision regarding the use of eventual positive assets, in line with the aims of the Statuto, or decide about extraordinary plans for loss.
Accumulated reserves and capital funds may not be distributed among the members except in accordance with law.
Art. 9 Governing Bodies
Governing Bodies of the Association are:
– The Executive Committee
Art. 10 Executive Committee
• The Executive Committee is constituted by three to five members, selected among the Members, included the President.
• The EC has the duty to provide that the aims of the Association are pursued as described in the Statuto.
• Meetings of the EC can be called by the President any time she/he may think it necessary but at least once a year.
• The EC can make decisions according to majority with the quorum of 50% of the EC members; in case majority is not reached, the vote of the President will prevail.
• The Executive Committee shall determine the annual membership fee.
• The Executive Committee shall rule on the admission of new members and govern the activities of the Association, and shall account to the Assembly for all income and expenses.
• The EC will have a mandate of three years at the end of which the committee may be reconfirmed.
Art. 11 The President
The President is the legal representative of the Association; her/his office will last for three years.
He or she shall preside over sessions of the Assembly and the Executive Committee, and may temporarily delegate portions of these powers to one of the members of the Executive
Art. 12 The Secretary and Treasurer
The Secretary is responsible for the compilation and preservation of the minutes of meetings of the Assembly as well as maintaining membership records. The Treasurer is responsible for the annual budget and accounts. Their term in office will last for three years.
Art. 13 Modification of the Statuto
Proposal for modification of the Statuto can be presented to the EC by one of the organs of governing bodies or by at least a third of the Members. Decisions regarding such changes must be approved by the favourable votes of 60% of the total numbers of the Members.
Art. 14 Dissolution
The dissolution of the Association is decided by the Assembly with the favourable votes of more than two thirds of the total number of Members. The EC shall determine the distribution of its assets for the benefit of non profit associations with similar goals.
Art. 15 Final dispositions
To the extent not expressly prohibited by this current law statuto, these By-laws shall be valid to the full extent permitted under the Civil Code and national laws and by the internal regulation, if it exists.