Mantra and Yantra are the tools of tantric practice. They represent sound and form, consciousness and energy. The combined use of these tools aims to focus the mind and to expand the awareness. The created symbol then becomes a vehicle through which we can deepen our understanding of the more subtle layers of the mind and personality and our relationship with the internal and external expression of these energies. Nizagara 100 mg for Erectile Dysfunction http://valleyofthesunpharmacy.com/nizagara/
GANESH – THE REMOVER OF OBSTACLES
We will dedicate this week long retreat to the Mantras and Yantra of Ganesh, the well-loved elephant headed deity of the Indian tradition. He is worshiped as the remover of obstacles, the patron of arts and sciences and new beginnings. We will explore the symbols associated with his personal form as well as his abstract form through the practice of Mantra and Yantra.
The content of these retreats is unique and you will be guided through the different aspects of a process of self-exploration in which the daily practices are integrated in a holistic way. We will chant Mantras focused on Ganesh to build and focus the mental energies and to accompany the process of the drawing and painting of the Ganesh Yantra.
These images can be drawn freehand but we will focus on a geometric construction using compass and straight edge, exploring the connections and parallels between cultures of what is sometimes called ‘sacred geometry’ and the archetypal ingredients of the Yantra, namely the square, the circle, the triangle and the lotus petals. Buy Flagyl online http://advicarehealth.com/metronidazole.html
We will explore ‘philosophy in pictures’ as we see how these symbols resonate in the consciousness and how we can then use the created image as a powerful tool of meditation.
THE RETREAT INCLUDES
A full and varied programme, from 7 am to 9 pm.
- Daily 90 minutes asana, pranayama, and meditation class
- Yoga nidra sessions
- Karma yoga and periods of silence (mouna)
- Talks and discussions on Mantra and Yantra
- Exploration of the cross-cultural significance of ‘sacred geometry’
- Daily Mantra chanting practice
- Learning the use of sacred instruments of compass and straight edge
- Drawing and painting of Yantra as a practice and a sacred act
- Exploring the use of colour and colour mixing in Yantra painting
- Development of your own sketchbook to explore these techniques
- Evening sessions on the terrace including kirtan and havan (fire ceremony)
This one full week retreat will offer time to go deep into your practice and immerse yourself in the peace and vibrancy of the Grempoli (Tuscany) venue and enjoying three healthy organic vegetarian meals all largely sourced from the garden.
We will practice karma yoga daily, live and eat together and have space for local walks and periods of silence and reflection.
Language: ENGLISH – WITHOUT TRANSLATION